Replacing an Ink Tank
When remaining ink cautions or errors occur, the Alarm lamp will flash to inform you of the error. Count the
number of flashes and take appropriate action.
If an Error Occurs
• Prepare a new ink tank before you start replacing one.
• Replace the ink tank quickly so as not to leave the printer without an ink tank.
• The printer may be damaged if it is left without an ink tank, causing a problem such as clogging due to
• If print results become faint or white streaks appear despite sufficient ink levels, see
• For precautionary notes on handling ink tanks, see
When you need to replace an ink tank, follow the procedure below.
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and open the paper output tray gently.
2. Open the top cover, then press the RESUME/CANCEL button.
The print head holder (A) moves to the replacement position.
• Do not hold the print head holder to stop or move it forcibly. Do not touch the print head holder
until it stops completely.
• Do not place any object on the top cover. It will fall into the rear tray when the top cover is
opened and cause the printer to malfunction.
• Do not touch the metallic parts or other parts inside the printer.
• If more than 10 minutes elapse after the RESUME/CANCEL button is pressed, the print head
holder moves to the right. In this case, close and reopen the top cover, then press the
Notes on ink