Paper is jammed in the paper output slot, in the rear tray, or in the manual feed tray.
Remove the jammed paper depending on the paper source.
If the paper loaded in the rear tray is jammed:
If the paper loaded in the manual feed tray is jammed:
• If the paper loaded in the rear tray is jammed:
1. Pull the paper out slowly, either from the paper output slot or from the rear tray, whichever is
Hold the paper with your hands, then pull the paper out slowly not to tear it.
• If you cannot pull the paper out, turn the printer off and turn it back on. The paper may be
• If you need to turn off the printer to remove jammed paper during printing, press the
RESUME/CANCEL button to cancel print jobs before turning off the printer.
• If the paper tears and you cannot remove the jammed paper from the paper output slot or
the rear tray, remove the paper from inside the printer.
Paper Is Jammed inside the Printer
2. Reload the paper, and press the RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer.
The printer resumes printing. Reprint the page you were printing if it was not printed properly due
to the paper jam.
If you turned off the printer in step 1, all print jobs in the queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.
• When reloading the paper, make sure that you are using suitable paper for printing and are
loading it correctly.