The Printer Is Vibrating/The Printer Is Making an Operation Noise
Even When the Printer Is Not in Use
Wait until the printer stops vibrating.
When the POWER lamp flashes and the printer vibrates, the printer is shaking the ink
To equalize the density of ink, the printer is set to automatic ink quality maintenance for stirring ink automatically
on a regular basis. While the ink is stirred, the printer vibrates and makes noise. This is not a malfunction, so
wait until the POWER lamp stops flashing and stays lit, and the printer stops vibrating.
Do not open the top cover while the printer is operating (the POWER lamp is flashing).
If this vibration and noise is bothersome, such as when using the printer late at night, automatic ink quality
maintenance can be disabled by using the printer driver.
If automatic ink quality maintenance has been disabled, be sure to follow the procedure below to enable
automatic ink quality maintenance again.
• Enabling automatic ink quality maintenance is recommended. Failure to perform the ink quality
maintenance about once a week may affect print quality.
1. Make sure that the printer is turned on.
2. Open the Canon IJ Printer Utility.
Opening the Canon IJ Printer Utility
3. Select Custom Settings in the pop-up menu.
4. Select the Execute ink quality maintenance automatically check box, then click Apply.
5. Confirm the message and click OK.