If You Cannot Resolve the Problem
If you cannot resolve the problem with any of the workarounds in this chapter, please contact the seller of
the printer or the service center.
Canon support staff are trained to be able to provide technical support to satisfy customers.
• If the printer emits any unusual sound, smoke, or odor, turn it off immediately. Unplug the power cord
from the outlet and contact the seller or the service center. Never attempt to repair or disassemble the
• Attempts by customers to repair or take apart the printer will invalidate any warranty regardless of
whether the warranty has expired.
Before contacting the service center, confirm the following:
• Product name:
* Your printer's name is located on the front cover of the setup manual.
• Serial number: please refer to the setup manual
• Details of the problem
• What you tried to solve the problem, and what happened