3. Take a new ink tank out of its package.
• Handle an ink tank carefully. Do not drop or apply excessive pressure to it.
4. Remove the orange protective cap (B) from the bottom of the ink tank as indicated in the
• Do not push the sides of the ink tank. If you push the sides of the ink tank, ink may splash.
• Do not touch the inside of the protective cap (B) or the open ink port (C). The ink may stain your
hands if you touch them.
• Do not reattach the protective cap (B) once you have removed it. Discard it according to the
local laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.
5. Remove the ink tank with the lamp flashing fast.
Push the tab (D) and lift the ink tank to remove.