Changing the WPA/WPA2 Detailed Settings
• This screen is not available depending on the printer you are using.
To change the wireless network settings of the printer, connect the printer and the computer with a USB
cable temporarily. If you modify the wireless network settings of the computer over wireless connection
without USB connection, your computer may not be able to communicate with the machine after modifying
The example screenshots in this section refer to the WPA detailed settings.
Start up IJ Network Tool.
2. Select the printer in Printers:.
When the printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable temporarily, select the printer with USB
appearing in the Connected to column.
3. Click the Configuration... button.
4. Click the Wireless LAN button.
5. Select Use WPA/WPA2 in Encryption Method: and click Configuration....
6. Enter the passphrase, then click OK.
Enter the passphrase set to the wireless router. The passphrase should be a string of 8 to 63
alphanumeric characters or a 64-digit hexadecimal value.
If you do not know the wireless router passphrase, refer to the instruction manual provided with
the wireless router or contact its manufacturer.
2. Dynamic Encryption Type:
The dynamic encryption method is selected from either TKIP (basic encryption) or AES (secure
• If Auto is not displayed on Dynamic Encryption Type:, select either TKIP(Basic Encryption) or
• If the printer cannot communicate with the computer after the encryption type of the printer was
switched, make sure that encryption types for the computer and the wireless router match that set
to the printer.