Checking the Ink Status from Your Computer
You can check the detailed information such as the remaining ink level and the ink tank types of your model.
1. Select Ink Level Information from the pop-up menu on the
An illustration of the ink types and their status is displayed.
If a warning or error related to the remaining ink level occurs, the printer driver displays an icon to let you
2. If necessary, click Ink Details
You can check the ink-related information.
• Ink Details is displayed when the ink level is low.
to check which ink tank your model uses.
• Click Update to display the current remaining ink level.
• When you receive a notice about the remaining ink level, a mark appears above the ink icon.
Ink tank is running low. Prepare a new ink tank.
• When you print on A3 paper or larger paper sizes, the ink may run out before printing is finished or the
printing may become faint or streaky (with white lines).
Canon IJ Printer Utility