Changing the WEP Detailed Settings
• This screen is not available depending on the printer you are using.
To change the wireless network settings of the printer, connect the printer and the computer with a USB
cable temporarily. If you modify the wireless network settings of the computer over wireless connection
without USB connection, your computer may not be able to communicate with the machine after modifying
Start up IJ Network Tool.
2. Select the printer in Printers:.
When the printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable temporarily, select the printer with USB
appearing in the Connected to column.
3. Click the Configuration... button.
4. Click the Wireless LAN button.
5. Select Use Password (WEP) in Encryption Method: and click Configuration....
The WEP Details screen is displayed.
6. Change the settings or confirm.
When changing the password (WEP key), the same change must be made to the password (WEP key)
of the wireless router.
1. Password (WEP Key):
Enter the same key as the one set to the wireless router.
The number of characters and character type that can be entered differ depending on the
combination of the key length and key format.
Key Format ASCII
5 characters 13 characters
Hexadecimal (Hex) 10 digits