* All buttons and lamps are shown lit in the above figure for explanatory purposes.
(9) POWER lamp
Lights after flashing when the power is turned on.
• You can check the status of the printer by the POWER and Alarm lamps.
• POWER lamp is off: The power is off.
• POWER lamp lights: The printer is ready to print.
• POWER lamp flashes: The printer is getting ready to print, or printing is in progress.
• Alarm lamp flashes: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.
• POWER lamp flashes and Alarm lamp flashes alternately: An error that requires contacting the
service center may have occurred.
If an Error Occurs
(10) ON button
Turns the power on or off.
Turning the Printer On and Off
(11) Alarm lamp
Lights or flashes when an error occurs.
(12) RESUME/CANCEL button
Cancels a print job in progress. You can press this button to release from printer error status and
resume printing, after the printer problem is resolved.
(13) Wi-Fi button/Wi-Fi lamp
Hold down to automatically set up the wireless LAN connection.
Lights or flashes to indicate the wireless LAN status.
Wireless LAN connection is enabled.
Printing over wireless LAN. Also flashes while configuring the wireless LAN connection.
(14) direct print port
Connect a PictBridge compliant device such as a digital camera to print directly.
• Do not connect any equipment other than PictBridge compliant devices to the direct print port of
the printer. This may cause fire, electric shock, or damage to the printer.