This chapter describes how to connect your system to multiple points.
For multipoint connection, installation of the optional PCSA-MCG80 HD
MCU software is required.
When connecting via a LAN, multipoint connection among up to 10 points
including your site is available. When connecting via an ISDN, multipoint
connection among up to six points including your site is available, and a phone
can be used at up to five points among six.
A multipoint connection using LAN and ISDN mixed is also available.
Restrictions on the use of the MCU software
• When a multipoint connection is made via LAN, you can set up the total
communication bit rate for all the connecting points with "Total Bandwidth"
in the Communication setup menu. As the communication bit rate for each
point is automatically adjusted so as not to exceed the value selected in
"Total Bandwidth", actual bit rate per point may differ from that selected for
• When a multipoint connection is made via an ISDN, the same number of
channels should be used on all the points and the total channels must not
• The H.264, H.263+ and H.261 video modes are supported.
• The G.711, G.722, G.728 and MPEG4 AAC audio modes are supported.
• A multipoint connection including a SIP connection is not available.
• Only the PCS-XG80/XG80S is enabled for use as a main terminal for the