The safety functions of the inverter fulfill the following requirements:
● Category 3 and Performance Level (PL) d according to EN ISO 13849-1:2006
● Safety integrity level 2 (SIL 2) to IEC 61508
● EC declaration of conformity
EC type-examination certificate and manufacturer declaration
The safety functions integrated in the drive are certified by a test institute for each of the
firmware versions that have been released. With the EC type-examination certificate, the test
institute confirms that the safety functions comply with the requirements as laid down in
EN ISO 13849-1 and IEC 61508.
We provide a manufacturer's declaration for the transition period from releasing a firmware
version up to the test institute issuing an EC type-examination certificate. The manufacturer
declaration confirms that the safety functions are in conformance with the appropriate
Proceed as follows, to load the certificates relevant for Safety Integrated from the Internet:
1. In the Internet, open the following page: Certificates
2. Filter according to Certificate type "Functional safety/machine safety".
3. Select the certificate according to the inverter order number.
Safety Integrated - SINAMICS G110M, G120, G120C, G120D and SIMATIC ET 200pro FC-2
Function Manual, 04/2014, FW V4.7, A5E34261271B AA
– There is an EC type-examination certificate and a manufacturer declaration for each
– Each certificate includes lists with the associated firmware and hardware.