The document stops
feeding in the middle
Voice calls are not
received by the
extension telephone or
that is connected to
the same line shared
by the printer.
Copies are too light or
Smears, lines, marks or
spots appear on
Copy image is skewed. • Ensure that the original is positioned correctly on document
Blank copies print out. Ensure that the original is face down on the document glass or
Image rubs off the
Frequent copy paper
The maximum length of a page that you can load is 381 mm (15
inches). Faxing of a longer page stops at 381 mm (15 inches).
• The fax line cord connection or configuration issue. See
• The receive mode or rings-to-answer settings might be
incorrectly set. See "Setting up the Fax System".
• The telephone answering machine or extension telephone
might not be functioning properly.
Use Contrast in Copy to darken or lighten the background of
• If defects are on the original, use Contrast in Copy to lighten
the background of your copies.
• If no defects are on the original, clean the document glass and
underside of the document cover. See "Cleaning the scanner".
• Check that the copy paper is loaded correctly.
face up in the DADF
• Replace the paper in the paper tray with paper from a new
• In high humidity areas, do not leave paper in the printer for the
extended periods of time.
• Fan the stack of paper, then turn it over in the paper tray.
Replace the paper in the tray with a fresh supply. If necessary,
check/adjust the paper guides.
• Ensure that the paper is the proper paper weight. 75 g/m
lb) bond paper is recommended.
• Check for copy paper or pieces of copy paper remaining in the
printer after a paper jam has been cleared.