Authentication (Activating access control)
From the Embedded Web Service, select the Security tab
You can choose the authentication method for user authentication. Select a mode and click
on the Options button.
– Basic Authentication : Activate basic authentication. Users are asked to Log in
when they select options that are only available to administrators. Those options
are marked with "a" or "(administrator only)" in this guide.
– Device Authentication : Activate device authentication. Device authentication
requests user to Log in before using the device. Users cannot use any application
without Log in. Press the Edit Application button and select the feature to
– Application Authentication : Activate application authentication. An administrator
can choose the application(s) to require user to Log in to use. Users cannot use
the selected application(s) without Logging in. Press the Edit Application button
and select the application(s) to enable/disable authentication.
• Application State
– Edit Application : Select the feature/application you want to enable/disable
authentication. This option is available only for Device Authentication and
• AA Method : Select the authentication method from the list.
– Log in Identification : Select the options for Logging in.
– Password Expiration Period : Select whether to set an expiration period for the
– Password Policy : Select the password policy. If you enable the Apply strong
password, the password should be at least 8 characters long and it should be a
combination of letters, numbers, and special characters (except for <,>,",\).If you
select Remote Authentication,
• Log in Restriction : Select what to do when users keep fail to Log in. Select Enable to
enable this feature.
• Log out Policy : Select when to log users out.
– Force to log out : Select to automatically log users out when a job is completed.
– No log out : Select to allow users to Log out manually.
– Log out reminder : Select to show users a Log out request message when a job is
• Log out Time : Select the time for automatic Log out. When there are no jobs in
process or no input for the selected time, the system Logs out automatically Logs out.
User Access Control