Troubleshooting for wireless network
Problems during setup or driver installation
Connecting Failure - Verify Wireless Network Name
• The machine is unable to find the network name (SSID) you have selected or entered.
Check the network name (SSID) on your access point and try connecting again.
• Your access point is not turned on. Turn on your access point.
Connecting Failure - Verify Network Security Key
• Security is not configured correctly. Check the configured security on your access
point and machine.
Connecting Failure - Verify Wireless Connection
• Your computer is not receiving a signal from your machine. Check the USB cable and
your machine's power.
Connecting Failure - Unplug Ethernet Cable
• Your machine is connected with a wired network cable. Remove the wired network
cable from your machine.
Verify USB Connection
When you access point via USB cable, unpluged USB cable. Check the USB cable.
Veriy IP Address
• Your machine is not receiving a IP from AP. Check the configured security on your
access point and machine.
Verify Network Settings
• The configured network address is unable to connect between your computer and
– For a DHCP network environment
The receives the IP address automatically (DHCP) when computer is configured
– For a Static network environment
The machine uses the static address when the computer is configured to static