Paper does not feed
into the printer.
The paper keeps
together in the paper
Envelopes skew or fail
to feed correctly.
• Remove any obstructions from inside the printer. See
"Cleaning the Interior".
• Paper has not been loaded correctly. Remove paper from the
tray and reload it correctly.
• There is too much paper in the paper tray. Remove excess
paper from the tray.
• The paper is too thick. Use only paper that meets the
specifications required by the printer. See "Identifying Print
Media Sources and Specifications".
• Ensure that the correct paper size is selected. See "Setting the
• An incorrect type of paper is being used. Use only paper that
meets the specifications required by the printer. See
"Identifying Print Media Sources and Specifications".
• There may be debris inside the printer. Open the front cover
and remove the debris.
Use only the transparencies specifically designed for a laser
printer. Remove each transparency as it exits from the printer.
Ensure that the paper guides are against both sides of the