After setting up your printer and connecting it to your computer, you must install the drivers
and utilities from the "Installing Software in Microsoft
included with your printer. If you purchased a Dell
time, the drivers and utilities are automatically installed. You don't need to install them. The
"Installing Software in Microsoft
• Dell Printer PCL driver- allows your computer to communicate with your printer. To
use your printer as a printer in Windows, you must install the printer driver(s). For
information about installing the printer drivers in Windows, see "Installing Software in
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System".
• PS driver- PostScript Printer Description (PPD) file. You can use the PostScript driver to
• Firmware Update Utility- use this program to update your machine's firmware. See
"Firmware Update Utility".
• Embedded Web Service- enables you to monitor the status of your network printer
without leaving your desk.
• Dell Supplies Ordering Utility- allows you to order replacement toner cartridges or
supplies from Dell.
• Printer Settings Utility- allows you to set up fax phonebook and the printer's other
options from your computer desktop.
• SetIP- Use this program to set your printer's TCP/IP addresses.
• Dell Printer Manager - Dell Printer Manager is an application that combines Dell
machine settings into one location.
• Dell Printer Status- This program allows you to monitor the printer's status and alerts
you when an error occurs during printing.
• Scan Driver- TWAIN or Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) drivers are available for
scanning documents on your printer.
• User's Guide- PDF documentation provides detailed information about using your
• LDAP- enables you to store Email addresses in the (LDAP) server. Also, supports a
method of securing LDAP communication via SSL. In the Embedded Web Service,
you can set the LDAP server attributes.
Operating System" CD contains the following:
Operating System" CD
computer and your printer at the same