Fewer copies from the
toner cartridge than
expected prints out.
The scanner does not
The unit scans very
• Your originals may contain pictures, solids or heavy lines. For
example, your originals may be forms, newsletters, books or
other documents that use more toner.
• The document cover may be left open while copies are being
• Ensure that you place the document to be scanned face down
from the document glass, or face up in the DADF.
• There may not be enough available memory to hold the
document you want to scan. Try the Prescan function to see if
that works. Try lowering the scan resolution rate.
• Check that the USB cable is connected properly.
• Ensure that the USB cable is not defective. Switch the cable
with a known good cable. If necessary, replace the cable.
• Check that the scanner is configured correctly. Check the
application you want to use to make certain that the scanner
job is being sent to the correct port.
• Check if the printer is printing received data. Scan the
document after the current job is completed.
• Graphics are scanned more slowly than text.
• Communication speed becomes slow in scan mode because
of the large amount of memory required to analyze and
reproduce the scanned image.