7.1 Replace instructions with different QCPU instruction format (excluding AnACPU/AnUCPU dedicated instructions)
7.1.2 ASCII code conversion instruction "ASC"
ASCII code conversion instruction is replaced with "SM1255" because it is an unconvertible instruction and its
specification is incompatible with QCPU. Modification in accordance with the specifications is needed. (For Basic
model QCPUs, it is replaced with "SM999".)
This section explains replacement of the ASCII code conversion instruction "ASC".
Frequently asked questions regarding the conversion of ACPU to QCPU program
1. Instead of the "$MOV" instruction, which has similar functionality, the ASCII code
conversion instruction "ASC" is replaced with "SM1255" as an unconvertible instruction.
Are the "$MOV" and "ASC" instructions the same?
2. The Transition Handbook (Fundamentals) lists $MOV as a conversion candidate for the
"ASC" instruction. Are there any precautions in this modification?
The "ASC" instruction in ACPU, and the "$MOV" instruction in QCPU are slightly different.
For this reason, "ASC" is replaced with "SM1255" as an unconvertible instruction. Check
the specifications and functions before changing to the "$MOV" instruction.
(1) Specifications of ASCII codes conversion instruction
The following are the ASCII code conversion instruction specifications for ACPU and QCPU
(1) ACPU (Instruction: ASC)
• Converts up to 8 characters.
• When there are 7 characters or less, it is converted and stored as 8 characters (4 words).
(space (20H) is stored until reaching 8 characters.)
• "P" is not appended to the instruction, however, the operation is only executed when the execution
condition pulses ON.
(2) QCPU (Instruction: $MOV)
• Converts up to 32 characters.
• Device points of storage destination may change (number of characters + 1 byte (rounded up in units of
• Execute the operation as long as the execution condition is ON.
(To execute the operation only when the condition for instruction execution pulses ON, change the
instruction to "$MOVP".)
Artisan Technology Group - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisantg.com