3.2 Replace AnS/QnAS (Small Type) Series with Q Series
• The existing AnS/QnAS (Small Type) main base unit can be used without modifying the wiring by replacing
with the extension base QA1S6 B and remounting the mounted modules.
The existing A (Large Type) extension base unit can be used without modifying the wiring by replacing with
the extension base QA6 B, and remounting the mounted modules.
• The QA1S6 B extension base unit cannot be used together with the A (Large Type) extension base A6 B/
A5 B) onto which QA6ADP is mounted.
When using a module mounted on the existing A (Large Type) extension base unit, replace the base unit
with the QA6 B extension base.
• Connect the base units in the following order.
Q Series main base unit −> Q Series extension base unit −> QA1S6 B extension base −> QA6 B
The GOT bus cannot be connected when the QA6 B extension base is connected.
The GOT bus can be connected when only the QA1S6 B extension bus is connected.
• Program modifications can be minimized by using the same I/O address for the existing units and setting the
current I/O addresses with the parameter I/O assignments.
• The following A/QnA (Large Type) module and AnS/QnAS (Small Type) module cannot be used with the Q
These must be changed to a Q Series CPU compatible module.
CC-Link master/local module
MELSECNET/10 network module
Ethernet module, computer link module, etc.
• The QA1S6 B extension base and QA6 B extension base are only compatible with High Performance
Model QCPU or Universal Model QCPU (first five digits of serial No. "13102" or higher).
Basic Model QCPUs, Process CPUs, Redundant CPUs, Safety CPUs, and Remote I/O Stations are not
Artisan Technology Group - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisantg.com