(2) Upgrade to Q Series modules using Q Series large type base unit
Solution and Benefit
• Unlike the QA6 B extension base unit, which is used to directly mount existing A (Large Type)
Series I/O modules for a gradual upgrade, the Q Series large type base unit, I/O module, and
conversion adapter (upgrade tool) (manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric Engineering Co., Ltd.)
enables all modules to be upgraded to the Q Series at once and allows use of existing A Series
• Having the same slot width as A (Large Type) Series base units, the Q Series large type base
units permit direct mount of existing 32-point I/O wiring on the Q Series I/O modules. This can
shorten the upgrade time.
• Performance specifications of the Q Series large type I/O modules are equivalent to those of the
A (Large Type) Series, eliminating concerns about compatibility with the connected external
The following is an example of upgrading an A (Large Type) Series system to the Q Series using the Q Series
large type base units, I/O modules, and conversion adapters.
(1) Replace the existing 32-point terminal block type I/O modules with Q Series large base units and I/O
modules, and use the same terminal blocks to connect with external wiring.
(2) If there is no compatible Q Series large type I/O module, use the conversion adapter (manufactured by
Mitsubishi Electric Engineering Co., Ltd.) to replace the existing module with standard Q Series I/O module.
● System configuration example
Artisan Technology Group - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisantg.com
2.1 Replace A/QnA (Large Type) Series with Q Series
New configuration after replacement
* Conversion adapters (upgrade tool)
manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric
Engineering Co., Ltd. are used.