● In an output module, when a load current exceeding the rated current or an overcurrent caused by a load
short-circuit flows for a long time, it may cause smoke and fire. To prevent this, configure an external safety
circuit, such as a fuse.
● Configure a circuit so that the programmable controller is turned on first and then the external power supply.
If the external power supply is turned on first, an accident may occur due to an incorrect output or
● For the operating status of each station after a communication failure, refer to relevant manuals for the
Incorrect output or malfunction due to a communication failure may result in an accident.
● When controlling (changing data) the running programmable controller from a peripheral connected to the
CPU module or from a personal computer connected to an intelligent function module, configure an interlock
circuit in the sequence program to ensure that the entire system will always operate safely.
For other controls for the running programmable controller (program modification and operating status
change (status control)), read relevant manuals carefully, and ensure the safety before operation.
Especially, in the case of a control from an external device to a remote programmable controller, immediate
action cannot be taken for a problem on the programmable controller due to a communication failure.
Configure an interlock circuit in the sequence program, and determine corrective actions to be taken
between the external device and CPU module in case of a communication failure.
● Do not install the control lines or communication cables together with the main circuit lines or power cables.
Keep a distance of 100mm (3.94 inches) or more between them.
Failure to do so may result in malfunction due to noise.
● When a device such as a lamp, heater, or solenoid valve is controlled through an output module, a large
current (approximately ten times greater than normal) may flow when the output is turned from off to on.
Take measures such as replacing the module with one having a sufficient current rating.
● The time for the CPU module to enter the RUN status after the CPU module is powered off and on or reset
will vary depending on the system configuration, parameter settings, and/or program size, etc.
Design the program so that the entire system will operate safely even if the time to reach the RUN status
Artisan Technology Group - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisantg.com