2.1 Replace A/QnA (Large Type) Series with Q Series
• Existing A (Large Type) Series wiring harness plugs in without modification.
• The Q Series large type base modules are compatible with High Performance Model QCPUs, Universal
model QCPU (except Q00UJCPU), and Remote I/O Stations.
Basic Model QCPUs, Process CPUs, Redundant CPUs, and Safety CPU are not compatible.
• Neither Q Series large type main base unit nor Q Series large type extension base unit can be used in a
multiple CPU system.
• The standard Q Series modules can be mounted on the Q Series large type base unit using the Q Series
large type blank cover.
• The Q Series large type base units can be used together with the standard Q Series base units.
(e.g., main base unit: Q312B, extension base unit: Q68BL)
• Some modules, such as modules that occupy two slots, cannot be mounted. Refer to "Q Series Large Type
Base Unit/I/O Module/Blank Cover User's Manual" for details.
• After replacing the existing connector with the wiring intact, the 64-point connector type I/O module can be
used for the Q Series I/O module.
A blank cover is required to mount the Q Series large type base unit.
Note that the connector layout changes from top/bottom to left/right, so the position of the lower connector
moves to the upper side.
Check that the existing wiring is long enough.
• The 8-slot no power supply required type is not available for the Q Series extension base unit.
When replacing the existing extension base unit to the 8-slot no power supply required type A58B, replace
with the power mounted type Q68BL.
In this case, the mounting width dimensions will increase by 55 mm (411 mm to 466 mm).
Confirm the mounting space, and that the wiring is long enough to move to the mounting position.
• 2-slot type conversion adapters of the upgrade tool manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric Engineering Co., Ltd.
cannot be used.
• For details on the upgrade tool manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric Engineering Co., Ltd., please contact
your local Mitsubishi sales office or representative.
Artisan Technology Group - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisantg.com