Remove/Replace FPD Diode Bridge Assembly
HAZARDOUS VOLTAGES ARE PRESENT IN THE INSTRUMENT WHEN THE POWER
CORD IS CONNECTED. AVOID A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SHOCK HAZARD BY
DISCONNECTING THE POWER CORD BEFORE WORKING ON THE INSTRUMENT.
1. Set the main power line switch to the off position.
2. Disconnect the power cable from its receptacle.
3. Remove the thumb- screw holding the detector
cover to the top of the HP 5890.
4. Facing the instrument, rotate the detector cover
to your right until the tab on the bottom left
edge of the cover comes free.
5. Raise the back of the cover and slide it towards
the rear of the instrument.
6. If an autosampler is installed on the instrument, it will be necessary to remove it and its mount-
ing bracket to allow removal of the left side cover as follows:
a. Remove the autosampler tray from its mounting bracket by first simultaneously lifting
and turning the two tray locks which hold it in position, then sliding the tray away from
b. Lift the autosampler tray from its mounting bracket and set it aside.
c. Remove the autosampler bracket by removing the 6 screws securing it to the instru-
Artisan Scientific - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisan-scientific.com
SVC 4- 63
RED O VISIBLE