9. Disconnect the Carrier Gas Inlet (labelled " C" )
which terminates at a fitting either at the EFS, a
chemical filter, or a mass flow controller
mounted on the flow panel.
10. Disconnect the Septum Purge Outlet (labelled
" P" ) which terminates at the splitless solenoid
valve (" normally closed"fitting) mounted inside
the flow module.
11. Disconnect the Split Vent Outlet (labelled " S" )
which terminates at a splitless solenoid valve
(normally " open"fitting) mounted inside the
12. Remove any insulation from around the top of
13. Detach and remove the insert assembly from
the shell weldment using a ???- inch wrench.
14. Detach and remove the tubing nut from the fit-
ting on the shell weldment.
15. Loosen the two screws securing the insulation
cover inside the column oven.
16. Rotate the cover, freeing it from its securing
hardware, and remove the cover and three
pieces of lower insulation.
17. Remove the reducing nut, flat washer, and
anealed seal, using a 1/2- inch wrench.
18. Use a 3/4- inch wrench to loosen (but not re-
move) the retaining nut below the heated block.
19. Use a Pozidriv screwdriver to remove the two
screws securing the inlet to the instrument.
20. Gently pull the inlet up and out of its instrument
21. Remove the retaining nut loosened in step 18.
22. Slide the heated block off of the shell weld-
Artisan Scientific - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisan-scientific.com
SVC 2- 13