8. Remove the extension spring holding the PMT assembly to the support bracket.
9. Remove the PMT assembly by pulling it toward the rear of the instrument.
10. Remove the sulphur filter from the flange adapter.
(CHIMNEY AND BRACKETRY
REMOVED FOR CLARITY)
Use care during disassembly of the detector block assembly in order to prevent
possible damage to the quartz windows.
11. Remove the o- ring from the flange adapter.
12. Remove the four screws securing the flange ring and flange adapter to the stainless steel cou-
pling. (This will free the second heat shield window and two o- rings. Use care to top the com-
ponents from dropping out of the flange adapter. )
13. Tip the exposed end of the flange adapter down, to prevent loss of the second heat shield win-
dow and associated o- rings, and remove it, the heat shield window, o- rings, and the flange
ring, from the detector.
14. Remove the four screws and associated lock washers securing the stainless steel coupling,
clamp, heat shield disk, first heat shield window, and heat shield gasket to the detector weld-
15. Tip the exposed end of the stainless steel coupling down, to prevent loss of the heat shield
disk, first heat shield window, and heat shield gasket, and remove it, the heat shield disk, first
heat shield window, and heat shield gasket, from the detector weldment.
Artisan Scientific - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisan-scientific.com
SVC 4- 67