` Remove/Replace NPD Heater and Sensor Cartridges
PERFORM THE PROCEDURE FOR DISCONNECTING/CONNECTING HEATER
AND TEMPERATURE SENSOR WIRING ON MAIN PCB BEFORE PERFORMING
NITROGEN PHOSPHOROUS (NPD) DETECTORS USE HYDROGEN GAS AS
FUEL. BE SURE ALL HYDROGEN GAS IS TURNED OFF AT ITS SOURCE BEFORE
REPLACING ANY FLOW COMPONENTS.
1. Allow time for the oven and heated zones to cool.
2. At the bottom of the detector, inside the column
oven, remove the column and hardware asso-
ciated with the detector(s) (liner, column/liner
nuts, ferrules, makeup gas adapter,etc.).
If an autosampler is installed, the injection
port cover will not be present.
3. Remove the injection port cover by grasping its
back edge and lifting it upward.
4. Lift the hinged top cover at its front edge,
exposing the detector area.
5. Remove the 1/4 inch screw and washer
securing the cover at its right side hinge
6. Remove the ground strap from the hinged top
cover by removing a screw.
7. At the lower right edge of the cover, press
from right- to- left until the right side hinge
8. With the lower right side of the cover
pushed in, lift the right side of the cover
and slide it to the right to remove the top
cover and lid shaft as a unit.
9. Use a Pozidriv screwdriver to
remove the three screws
securing the detector cover
to the thermal strap.
Artisan Scientific - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisan-scientific.com
SVC 6- 24
INJECTION PORT COVER