23. Carefully install the inlet into its inlet opening in the top of the instrument.
24. Replace any insulation that was removed from around the inlet.
25. Install the top cover over the inlet.
26. Secure the inlet to the top cover using two screws.
27. Secure the top cover and inlet to the instrument
using two screws.
28. Bend the tubes running from the installed inlet
to the inlet flow control components so that
they lay within the " U" - shaped channels to the
left of the inlets.
29. Install the tubes removed in steps 9 and 10.
30. Install the liner and all other hardware (except
the column) removed in step 5.
31. Loosen the two screws securing the bottom
insulation cover, inside the column oven.
32. Rotate the bottom insulation cover to free it and
the bottom insulation from the wall of the col-
33. Inspect the insulation to ensure that it is in
good condition. Replace if required.
34. Install the bottom insulation and bottom insulation
cover on the column oven wall.
35. Tighten the two screws securing the bottom insulation
cover to the column oven wall.
36. Remove the septum nut assembly from the top insert
37. Inspect the septum to insure that it is properly
installed and in good condition. Replace if
38. Install the septum nut assembly.
39. Restore the supply gas pressure.
40. Check for leaks at all of the newly mated fittings.
41. Turn off the supply gas.
42. Remove the cap/plug from the end of the inlet.
43. Install the column and associated hardware
removed in step 5.
44. Install the left side panel and secure using two screws.
45. Install the injection port cover.
46. Restore power to the HP 5890 Series II
Artisan Scientific - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisan-scientific.com
SVC 2- 7