9. Release the extension spring securing the PMT assembly to its support bracket.
10. Remove the photomultiplier tube (PMT) assembly and sulphur filter from the detector assembly
and set it aside.
(CHIMNEY AND BRACKETRY
REMOVED FOR CLARITY)
11. Remove the drip tube from the exhaust tube at the top of the detector.
12. Remove the exhaust tube from the detector using a
9/16- inch wrench.
13. Remove the chimney assembly by removing
the two screws securing it to the chimney back.
14. Loosen the three screws which secure the
clamp which secure the detector to the chim-
15. Use a 9/16 inch wrench to loosen the nut hold-
ing the weldment exit tube to the jet assembly.
It will be necessary to hold the jet assembly
with a 1/2- inch wrench to prevent rotation.
16. Pull the heater and sensor from the detector
17. Carefully lift the detector, vertically, from the
transfer tube, so as not to damage the fused
18. Inside the oven, remove the column to the FPD.
Artisan Scientific - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisan-scientific.com
SVC 4- 77