` Remove/Replace FID Heater and Sensor Cartridges
PERFORM THE PROCEDURE FOR DISCONNECTING/CONNECTING HEATER
AND TEMPERATURE SENSOR WIRING ON MAIN PCB BEFORE PERFORMING
FLAME IONIZATION (FID) DETECTORS USE HYDROGEN GAS AS FUEL. BE
SURE ALL HYDROGEN GAS IS TURNED OFF AT ITS SOURCE BEFORE
REPLACING ANY FLOW COMPONENTS.
1. Allow time for the oven and heated zones to cool.
2. At the bottom of the detector(s) to be removed,
inside the column oven, remove the column
and hardware associated with the detector(s)
(liner, column/liner nuts, ferrules, makeup gas
If an autosampler is installed, the injection
port cover will not be present.
3. Remove the injection port cover by grasping its
back edge and lifting it upward.
4. Lift the hinged top cover at its front edge,
exposing the detector area.
5. Remove the screw securing the ground
strap to the hinged top cover.
6. Remove the 1/4 inch screw and washer
securing the cover at its right side hinge
7. At the lower right edge of the cover, press from
right- to- left until the right side hinge releases.
8. With the lower right side of the cover pushed
in, lift the right side of the cover and slide it
to the right to remove the top cover and lid
shaft as a unit.
Artisan Scientific - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisan-scientific.com
SVC 6- 20
INJECTION PORT COVER