Remove/Replace Valve Box Heater and Sensor Cartridges
PERFORM THE PROCEDURE FOR DISCONNECTING/CONNECTING HEATER AND
TEMPERATURE SENSOR WIRING ON MAIN PCB BEFORE PERFORMING THIS
1. Allow time for the oven and heated zones to cool.
2. Remove the two screws securing the valve box top to the valve box bottom.
3. If any micrometering needle valves are installed, remove the nut(s) securing them to their
4. Remove the two screws securing each installed micrometering needle valve bracket to the
valve box top.
5. Ensure that there is enough slack in the tubing, running from the valve box into the oven, to
allow lifting of the valve box.
6. Use a 1/4- inch wrench to remove the standoffs securing the valve box to the top of the instru-
7. Lift the valve box at the rear.
8. Pull any securing tape from around the heater and temperature sensor cables.
9. Remove the heater and sensor cartridge(s) from the valve block(s).
10. Install the replacement heater and/or sensor
cartridges into the valve block(s).
11. Replace the securing tape around the replace-
ment heater and sensor cartridges.
12. Secure the valve box to the instrument using
the two standoffs, previously removed.
13. Secure the removed micrometering needle
valve brackets (if any) to the valve box top us-
ing two screws for each bracket.
14. Secure any installed micrometering needle
valves to their corresponding brackets
using a nut.
15. Secure the valve box top to the valve box
bottom using two screws.
16. Install the rear cover on the instrument and se-
cure using four screws.
17. Install the right side panel and secure using four
Artisan Scientific - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisan-scientific.com
SVC 6- 37
VALVE BOX TOP
VALVE BOX BOTTOM