9. Trace the electrical leads from the solenoid
valve to the " J24"connector on the TCD detec-
tor PCB (lower right edge).
10. Disconnect the lead connector from its recep-
tacle (J24) on the detector PCB by pulling it
11. Note the solenoid valve fitting where each tube
is attached to ensure that the new valve will be
Use caution when removing and installing the
plastic M8 tubing nuts. Excessive force can
12. Disconnect the tubes from the solenoid valve by loosening the plastic fittings securing them.
(The fittings should only be finger- tight. If more force is required to loosen them, use a small
pair of pliers to free the fittings.) Note the solenoid valve fitting where each tube is attached.
(Corresponding tubes on the new detector must be connected to the same fittings.)
Top View (Two TCD Detectors Installed)
FRONT OF INSTRUMENT
13. Remove the solenoid valve and bracket, as a
unit, by removing the two screws securing the
solenoid valve bracket to the instrument.
14. Remove the solenoid valve body from the
bracket by removing the two screws securing it
to the mounting bracket.
15. Route the leads for the new solenoid valve
along the same path as the leads of the sole-
noid valve just removed.
16. Insert the connector for the leads of the new
solenoid valve into receptacle J24 by pressing it
straight in until it bottoms.
Artisan Scientific - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisan-scientific.com
SVC 4- 9