Replace FPD Jet Assembly and First Heat Shield Window
HAZARDOUS VOLTAGES ARE PRESENT IN THE INSTRUMENT WHEN THE POWER
CORD IS CONNECTED. AVOID A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SHOCK HAZARD BY
DISCONNECTING THE POWER CORD BEFORE WORKING ON THE INSTRUMENT.
FLAME PHOTOMETRIC (FPD) DETECTORS USE HYDROGEN GAS AS FUEL. BE
SURE ALL HYDROGEN GAS IS TURNED OFF AT ITS SOURCE BEFORE REPLACING
ANY FLOW COMPONENTS.
1. Set the main power line switch to the off
2. Disconnect the power cable from its receptacle.
3. Turn off the hydrogen, air (or oxygen), and aux-
iliary nitrogen supplies to the detector (at the
flow control panel).
4. Allow time for the heated zones to cool.
5. Remove the thumb- screw holding the detector
cover to the top of the HP 5890.
6. Facing the instrument, rotate the detector cover
to your right until the tab on the bottom left
edge of the cover comes free.
7. Raise the back of the cover and slide it towards
the rear of the instrument.
8. Lift the detector top cover to expose the FPD
9. Remove the two screws securing the left
side panel along its bottom edge.
10. Slide the left side panel towards the rear
of the instrument and lift.
Artisan Scientific - Quality Instrumentation ... Guaranteed | (888) 88-SOURCE | www.artisan-scientific.com
SVC 4- 70
RED O VISIBLE