Your server comes with one of the following drive bay and backplane configurations:
• Five 3.5-inch-drive bays with one backplane
• Fifteen 3.5-inch-drive bays with one backplane
• Eight 2.5-inch-drive bays with one backplane
• Sixteen 2.5-inch-drive bays with two backplanes
The following illustration shows the location of the hot-swap-drive backplane. To access the backplane,
open the server cover and remove the AnyRAID adapter or pass-through board. See "Removing the server
cover" on page 66 and "Replacing the AnyRAID adapter or the pass-through board" on page 143.
• Depending on the model, your server might look different from the following illustration.
• The following illustration is based on server models that have fifteen 3.5-inch-drive bays with one
Figure 19. Backplane location