What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To configure RAID, go to "Configuring RAID" on page 58.
Installing or replacing an internal tape drive
Attention: Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding "Safety information"
on page iii and "Guidelines" on page 63.
Before you begin, print all the related instructions or ensure that you can view the PDF version on another
computer for reference.
• Depending on the model, your server might look slightly different from the illustrations in this topic.
• Use any documentation that comes with the tape drive and follow those instructions in addition to
the instructions in this topic.
To install or replace an internal tape drive, do the following:
1. Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the server. Then, disconnect all
power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the server.
2. If the server is installed in a rack cabinet, remove the server from the rack cabinet and place it on a flat,
clean, and static-protective surface. See the Rack Installation Instructions that comes with the server.
3. Remove the server cover. See "Removing the server cover" on page 66.
4. Depending on whether you are installing or replacing a tape drive, do one of the following:
• If you are installing a tape drive, push the protective shield as shown until it is projected from the
front of the chassis. Then, hold the protective shield from the front and completely slide it out of
Figure 77. Removing the protective shield of the optical-drive bay
ThinkServer TD350 User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual