• Use any documentation that comes with the TSM Premium and follow those instructions in addition to
the instructions in this topic.
• Depending on the model, your server might look slightly different from the illustration in this topic.
To install the TSM Premium, do the following:
1. Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the server. Then, disconnect all
power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the server.
2. If the server is installed in a rack cabinet, remove the server from the rack cabinet and place it on a flat,
clean, and static-protective surface. See the Rack Installation Instructions that comes with the server. If
the server is in tower form factor, lay the server on its side for easier operation.
3. Remove the server cover. See "Removing the server cover" on page 66.
4. Remove the cooling shroud. See "Removing the cooling shroud" on page 69.
5. Touch the static-protective package that contains the TSM Premium to any unpainted surface on the
outside of the server. Then, take the TSM Premium out of the package.
6. Locate the TSM Premium connector on the system board, and then insert the TSM Premium into the
TSM Premium connector. Ensure that the TSM Premium is securely seated on the system board.
Figure 59. Installing the TSM Premium
What to do next:
ThinkServer TD350 User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual