What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To complete the installation, go to "Completing the parts replacement" on page 164. Then, the hardware
RAID 5 and RAID 50 levels are available for your server if your server has the required number of storage
drives installed. For information about how to configure the hardware RAID, refer to the MegaRAID SAS
Software User Guide on the documentation DVD that comes with your server.
Removing the RAID 510i upgrade key
Attention: Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding "Safety information"
on page iii and "Guidelines" on page 63.
Before you begin, print all the related instructions or ensure that you can view the PDF version on another
computer for reference.
• After you remove the RAID 510i upgrade key, the hardware RAID 5 and RAID 50 levels are unavailable.
• Use any documentation that comes with the RAID 510i upgrade key and follow those instructions in
addition to the instructions in this topic.
If your server has a RAID 510i upgrade key installed, do the following when you want to remove the RAID
510i upgrade key:
Attention: Removing the RAID 510i upgrade key might impact your RAID configurations. Back up your data
before you begin to avoid any data loss due to a RAID configuration change.
1. Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the server. Then, disconnect all
power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the server.
2. If the server is installed in a rack cabinet, remove the server from the rack cabinet and place it on a flat,
clean, and static-protective surface. See the Rack Installation Instructions that comes with the server. If
the server is in tower form factor, lay the server on its side for easier operation.
3. Remove the server cover. See "Removing the server cover" on page 66.
4. Locate the Lenovo ThinkServer RAID 510i AnyRAID Adapter. See "Server components" on page 25.
5. Remove any parts and disconnect any cables that might impede your operation.
ThinkServer TD350 User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual