5. Remove all hot-swap redundant power supplies. See "Installing or replacing a hot-swap redundant
power supply" on page 131.
6. Record the component locations, cable connections, and cable routing in the server.
7. Remove the system board. "For service technician only: replacing the system board" on page 158.
8. Lift the release button
Note: Carefully handle the power interface board by its edges.
Figure 129. Removing the power interface board
9. Place the old power interface board on a clean, flat, and static-protective surface. Touch the
static-protective package that contains the new power interface board to any unpainted surface on the
outside of the server. Then, take the new power interface board out of the package.
10. Install the new power interface board into the chassis. Align the two holes in the new power interface
board with the corresponding mounting stubs on the chassis. Then, move the power interface board
towards the front of the server until the power interface board snaps into position.
Figure 130. Installing the power interface board
11. Install all parts that you have removed and reconnect all cables. Refer to the information that you have
recorded and the related topics in Chapter 6 "Replacing hardware" on page 63.
and then disengaged the power interface board from the chassis.