7. Slide the new hot-swap storage drive into the drive bay from the front until it snaps into position,
and then completely close the handle.
Figure 71. Installing the hot-swap storage drive
8. Check the hot-swap-drive status LEDs to ensure that the storage drive is operating correctly. You might
have to restart the server for the newly-installed storage drive to be recognized. See "Hot-swap-drive
LEDs" on page 30. If the storage drive is faulty, reinstall or replace it until it is operating correctly.
9. Close the front door (if available).
10. Do one of the following:
• If you are installing a hot-swap storage drive, save the removed dummy storage-drive tray in the
event that you later remove the hot-swap storage drive and need a dummy tray to cover the drive bay.
• If you are replacing a hot-swap storage drive and are instructed to return the old hot-swap storage
drive, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are supplied to you
What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To configure RAID, go to "Configuring RAID" on page 58.
Installing or replacing an easy-swap drive
Attention: Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding "Safety information"
on page iii and "Guidelines" on page 63.
This topic applies only to server models that have easy-swap drives installed. See "Features" on page 8 for
information about the supported easy-swap drives.