9. Ensure that the two holes in the SD module are aligned with the two plastic pins on the system board.
Then, lower the SD module straight down until it is securely seated.
Figure 51. Installing the SD module
What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To complete the installation, go to "Completing the parts replacement" on page 164.
Removing the SD module
Attention: Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding "Safety information"
on page iii and "Guidelines" on page 63.
Before you begin, print all the related instructions or ensure that you can view the PDF version on another
computer for reference.
Note: Use any documentation that comes with the SD module and follow those instructions in addition to
the instructions in this topic.
If your server has an SD module installed, do the following when you want to remove the SD module:
1. Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the server. Then, disconnect all
power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the server.
2. If the server is installed in a rack cabinet, remove the server from the rack cabinet and place it on a flat,
clean, and static-protective surface. See the Rack Installation Instructions that comes with the server. If
the server is in tower form factor, lay the server on its side for easier operation.
3. Remove the server cover. See "Removing the server cover" on page 66.
4. Remove the cooling shroud. See "Removing the cooling shroud" on page 69.
5. Remove any parts and disconnect any cables that might impede your operation.
6. Locate the SD module on the system board.
ThinkServer TD350 User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual