Note: The easy-swap-drive module is sensitive to ESD. Ensure that you read and understand "Handling
static-sensitive devices" on page 64 first and carefully perform the operation.
To replace the easy-swap-drive module, do the following:
1. Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the server. Then, disconnect all
power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the server.
2. If the server is installed in a rack cabinet, remove the server from the rack cabinet and place it on a flat,
clean, and static-protective surface. See the Rack Installation Instructions that comes with the server. If
the server is in tower form factor, lay the server on its side for easier operation.
3. Remove the server cover. See "Removing the server cover" on page 66.
4. Locate the easy-swap-drive module. See "Server components" on page 25.
5. Remove all the installed easy-swap hard disk drives and dummy trays (if any) from the storage-drive
bays. See "Installing or replacing an easy-swap drive" on page 115.
6. Disconnect the signal cable and power cable from the system board.
7. Press the release tab
from the hooks on the chassis. Then, move the easy-swap-drive module to the rear of the chassis
to remove the module.
Figure 117. Removing the easy-swap-drive module
8. Touch the static-protective package that contains the new module to any unpainted surface on the
outside of the server. Then, remove the new module from the package.
Note: Carefully handle the module by its edges.
9. Position the new module on the hard-disk-drive cage so that the holes in the new module are aligned with
the corresponding hooks on the chassis. Then, slightly press the new module until it snaps into position.
10. Reinstall all the easy-swap storage drives and dummy trays. See "Installing or replacing an easy-swap
drive" on page 115.
11. Reconnect the signal cable and power cable to the system board. See "Connecting the easy-swap-drive
module to the system board" on page 40.
12. If you are instructed to return the old module, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging
materials that are supplied to you for shipping.
What to do next:
and gently lift the easy-swap-drive module slightly upward so that it is released