Removing the RAID 110i upgrade key
Attention: Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding "Safety information"
on page iii and "Guidelines" on page 63.
Before you begin, print all the related instructions or ensure that you can view the PDF version on another
computer for reference.
• If you remove the RAID 110i upgrade key, the onboard SATA software RAID 5 will be unavailable.
• Use any documentation that comes with the RAID 110i upgrade key and follow those instructions in
addition to the instructions in this topic.
If your server has a RAID 110i upgrade key installed, do the following when you want to remove the RAID
110i upgrade key:
Attention: Removing the RAID 110i upgrade key might impact your RAID configurations. Back up your data
before you begin to avoid any data loss due to a RAID configuration change.
1. Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the server. Then, disconnect all
power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the server.
2. If the server is installed in a rack cabinet, remove the server from the rack cabinet and place it on a flat,
clean, and static-protective surface. See the Rack Installation Instructions that comes with the server. If
the server is in tower form factor, lay the server on its side for easier operation.
3. Remove the server cover. See "Removing the server cover" on page 66.
4. Remove the cooling shroud. See "Removing the cooling shroud" on page 69.