• Depending on the model, your server might look slightly different from the illustrations in this topic.
• Use any documentation that comes with the optical drive and follow those instructions in addition to
the instructions in this topic.
To install or replace an optical drive, do the following:
1. Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the server. Then, disconnect all
power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the server.
2. If the server is installed in a rack cabinet, remove the server from the rack cabinet and place it on a flat,
clean, and static-protective surface. See the Rack Installation Instructions that comes with the server.
3. Remove the server cover. See "Removing the server cover" on page 66.
4. Locate the optical-drive bays. See "Front view of the server" on page 17. Read the optical drive
installation rules in this topic.
5. Depending on whether you are installing or replacing an optical drive, do one of the following:
• If you are installing a secondary optical drive in the lower optical-drive bay, insert a finger into the
hole as shown to push the protective shield until it is projected from the front of the chassis. Then,
hold the protective shield from the front and completely slide it out of the chassis.
Figure 65. Removing the protective shield of the optical-drive bay
ThinkServer TD350 User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual