7. Gently press the microprocessor retainer as shown to open it. Ensure that the small handles and the
microprocessor retainer are in the fully open position.
Figure 88. Opening the microprocessor retainer
8. Touch only the edges of the microprocessor and carefully lift it straight up and out of the microprocessor
socket. Place the old microprocessor on a static-protective surface.
• Do not touch the gold contacts on the bottom of the microprocessor.
• Do not drop anything onto the microprocessor socket while it is exposed. The socket pins must be
kept as clean as possible.
Figure 89. Removing the microprocessor
9. Touch the static-protective package that contains the new microprocessor to any unpainted surface on
the outside of the server. Then, remove the new microprocessor from the package.
ThinkServer TD350 User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual