7. Connect the power and signal cable
Figure 80. Connecting the power and signal cable to the rear of the tape drive
8. Do one of the following:
• If you are installing a tape drive, save the removed protective shield in case that you later remove
the drive and need the protective shield to cover the drive bay.
• If you are replacing a tape drive and are instructed to return the old tape drive, follow all packaging
instructions. Then, use any packaging materials that are supplied to you for shipping.
What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To complete the installation or replacement, go to "Completing the parts replacement" on page 164.
Installing or replacing the microprocessor
This topic contains the following items:
"Installing the second microprocessor" on page 122
"Replacing the microprocessor" on page 126
Installing the second microprocessor
Attention: Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding "Safety information"
on page iii and "Guidelines" on page 63.
Depending on the model, your server might come with one or two microprocessors. For server models with
one microprocessor, the microprocessor is installed in the microprocessor socket 1 and the microprocessor
socket 2 is protected by a plastic socket cover. You can purchase a microprocessor option kit from Lenovo
and install the second microprocessor to expand system capabilities.
Turn off the server and wait several minutes to let the server cool before removing the server cover.
ThinkServer TD350 User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual
to the rear of the tape drive.