10. Insert the metal tab on the top of the new front-panel board into the corresponding hole
chassis. Then, press the release tab and pivot the front-panel board inward until it snaps into position.
Figure 104. Installing the front-panel board
11. Route the new front panel cable through the corresponding hole in the chassis. Connect the front panel
cable to the rear of the new front-panel board and to the front panel connector on the system board.
See "System board components" on page 41.
12. Refer to your note to properly route the signal cable of the new front-panel board. If necessary, secure
the signal cable with cable clips or ties in the chassis.
13. Reinstall the front bezel. See "Removing and reinstalling the front bezel" on page 70.
14. If you are instructed to return the old front-panel board, follow all packaging instructions and use any
packaging materials that are supplied to you for shipping.
What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To complete the replacement, go to "Completing the parts replacement" on page 164.
Replacing the ThinkServer RAID Super Capacitor Module
Attention: Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding "Safety information"
on page iii and "Guidelines" on page 63.
ThinkServer TD350 User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual