To download the software programs, go to the Lenovo Support Web site at http://www.lenovo.com/support
and follow the instructions on the Web page.
BIOS and TSM update utilities
The BIOS and TSM (also known as BMC) firmware keeps updating after the shipment of the server. Lenovo
maintains pages on the Support Web site and provides the BIOS and TSM update utilities with instructions
for download to help you update the BIOS and TSM firmware if needed. For more information, see "Updating
or recovering the BIOS" on page 56 and "Updating the firmware" on page 61.
Lenovo Partner Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations
The Lenovo Partner Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Management program automatically
detects the managed servers of your ThinkServer server and provides detailed system information about the
managed servers. The system information includes component inventory, component status, and sensor
status. The program also enables users to perform management tasks, such as restarting or turning off your
ThinkServer server, and accessing the TSM interface.
For detailed information about using the program, refer to the help system of the program.
Lenovo ThinkServer Deployment Manager
The Lenovo ThinkServer Deployment Manager program (hereinafter referred to as Deployment Manager)
simplifies the process of configuring RAID, configuring BIOS settings, and updating the firmware. The
program works in conjunction with your Windows or Linux operating system installation disc to automate the
process of installing the operating system and associated device drivers. The program is part of the server
firmware. The help system for the program can be accessed directly from the program interface.
Deployment Manager has the following features:
• Easy-to-use, language-selectable interface
• Integrated help system
• Automatic hardware detection
• Selectable partition size and file system type
• Ability to install the operating system and device drivers in an unattended mode to save time
• Ability to create a reusable response file that can be used with similarly configured Lenovo servers to
make future installations even faster
• Contains RAID configuration utility
• Provides device drivers based on the server model and detected devices
• Supports BIOS settings configuration
• Supports firmware and applications update
To use Deployment Manager, do the following:
1. Launch the program through one of the following methods:
• Turn on the server. Press F10 as soon as you see the logo screen. Then, wait for several seconds.
Deployment Manager opens.
• Start the Setup Utility program. Select Boot Manager ➙ Launch TDM. Deployment Manager opens.
2. Read and accept the license agreement.
ThinkServer TD350 User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual