12. If you are instructed to return the old power interface board, follow all packaging instructions and use
any packaging materials that are supplied to you for shipping.
What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To complete the replacement, go to "Completing the parts replacement" on page 164.
Completing the parts replacement
This topic provides instructions to help you complete the parts replacement and turn on your server.
To complete the parts replacement, properly route the cables inside the server, reinstall the server cover,
reconnect all the external cables. For some devices, update the firmware and run the Setup Utility program
to do further setup.
Reinstalling the server cover and reconnecting cables
Attention: Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding "Safety information"
on page iii and "Guidelines" on page 63.
This topic provides instructions on how to reinstall the server cover and reconnect cables to your server.
Attention: For proper cooling and airflow, reinstall the server cover before turning on the server. Operating
the server for extended periods of time (more than 30 minutes) with the server cover removed might
damage server components.
Before you begin, print all the related instructions or ensure that you can view the PDF version on another
computer for reference.
Note: Depending on the model, your server might look slightly different from the illustrations in this topic.
To reinstall the server cover and reconnect cables to your server, do the following:
1. Ensure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are
left inside your server.
2. Ensure that all internal cables are routed correctly and secured by any cable clips or ties in the server.
Keep cables clear of the hinges and sides of the server chassis to avoid interference with reinstalling
the server cover.
3. If you have removed the front bezel, reinstall it. See "Removing and reinstalling the front bezel" on
ThinkServer TD350 User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual