Chapter 8. Getting information, help, and service
This chapter contains information about help, service, and technical assistance for products manufactured
by Lenovo and where to go for additional information about Lenovo and Lenovo products.
You can use the information in this topic to access useful resources relating to your needs when using
Using the documentation
Information about your Lenovo system and installed software, if any, or optional devices is available in the
documentation that comes with the product. The documentation can include printed documents, online
documents, readme files, and help files. Most of the documentation for your server is on the documentation
DVD provided with your server. Refer to the troubleshooting information in your server User Guide and
Hardware Maintenance Manual for instructions on how to diagnose problems and do basic troubleshooting.
The troubleshooting and diagnostics information might tell you that you need additional or updated device
drivers or other software. Lenovo maintains pages on the World Wide Web where you can get the latest
technical information and download documentation or device drivers and updates. To access the Lenovo
Support Web site, go to:
For more information about your server documentation, see "Server documentation" on page 2.
If you suspect a software problem, refer to the documentation, including readme files and online help, that
comes with the operating system or software program.
ThinkServer Web site
The ThinkServer Web site provides up-to-date information and services to help you buy, use, upgrade, and
maintain your server. You also can do the following by visiting the ThinkServer Web site at:
• Shop for servers as well as upgrades and accessories for your server.
• Purchase additional services and software.
• Purchase upgrades and extended hardware repair services.
• Access the Lenovo Limited Warranty (LLW).
• Access the online manuals for your products.
• Access troubleshooting and support information for your server model and other supported products.
• Download the latest device drivers and software updates for your server model.
• Find the service and support phone numbers for your country or region.
• Find a Service Provider located near you.
Lenovo Support Web site
Technical support information is available on the Lenovo Support Web site at:
This Web site is updated with the latest support information such as the following:
© Copyright Lenovo 2014