• If you remove the TPM, the TPM function will be unavailable.
• Use any documentation that comes with the TPM and follow those instructions in addition to the
instructions in this topic.
• Depending on the model, your server might look slightly different from the illustration in this topic.
If your server has a TPM installed, do the following when you want to remove the TPM:
1. Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the server. Then, disconnect all
power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the server.
2. If the server is installed in a rack cabinet, remove the server from the rack cabinet and place it on a flat,
clean, and static-protective surface. See the Rack Installation Instructions that comes with the server. If
the server is in tower form factor, lay the server on its side for easier operation.
3. Remove the server cover. See "Removing the server cover" on page 66.
4. Remove the cooling shroud. See "Removing the cooling shroud" on page 69.