8. Ensure that the screw holes in the new ThinkServer RAID Super Capacitor Module with the bracket
are aligned with the corresponding stubs in the chassis. Then, install the screw to secure the new
ThinkServer RAID Super Capacitor Module with the bracket in place.
Figure 108. Installing the ThinkServer RAID Super Capacitor Module with the bracket on the chassis
9. Connect the cable to the new ThinkServer RAID Super Capacitor Module.
What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To complete the replacement procedure, go to "Completing the parts replacement" on page 164.
Replacing the AnyRAID adapter or the pass-through board
Attention: Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding "Safety information"
on page iii and "Guidelines" on page 63.
This topic applies only to server models that have an AnyRAID adapter or a pass-through board installed.
Before you begin, print all the related instructions or ensure that you can view the PDF version on another
computer for reference.
• Depending on the model, your server, AnyRAID adapter, or pass-through board might look different from
the illustrations in this topic.
• Use any documentation that comes with the AnyRAID adapter or pass-through board and follow those
instructions in addition to the instructions in this topic.
To replace the AnyRAID adapter or the pass-through board, do the following:
Attention: Replacing the AnyRAID adapter or the pass-through board might impact your RAID configurations.
Back up your data before you begin to avoid any data loss due to a RAID configuration change.
1. Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the server. Then, disconnect all
power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the server.